Veteran singer, multi-instrumentalist and songwriter Terry Mike Jeffrey began singing on stages at the age of 3. Fronting his own band since the early ‘70’s, he has performed all over the planet. A unique entertainer singing musical styles from most genres all of his life, Terry Mike is especially known world-wide for his presentation of Elvis Presley’s music.
In recent years he has performed the King’s songs with symphony orchestras across the country, including those in Denver, Jacksonville, Birmingham, and over a dozen performances with the Memphis Symphony. With the unique blessings of Graceland/EPE and the original orchestra charts from the official Elvis archives, TMJ and his band blend with full orchestras in presenting their salute to the King, minus the impersonator element. Terry Mike is also a frequent guest deejay and performer on Sirius/XM’s Elvis Radio, and routinely sings with Elvis’ own former band members and background singers.
His other career highlights include:
- A 1997 Emmy Award nomination (songwriting for TV’s “Sesame Street”)
- Live performances in Italy, France, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, England, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Russia, Canada, and Hawaii
- Musical director and starring role in “Elvis – An American Musical”, a New York-produced multi-media show from the producers of “Grease” and “Beatlemania”. Toured the US and Canada with a Broadway run in the late ‘80’s. His other musical theater adventures include regional productions of “Beehive”, “Hairspray”, “Always, Patsy Cline”, and a 2-year run in “Stand By Your Man – The Tammy Wynette Story”, which was featured at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium, 2001-2002
- 56 performances on TNN’s “Music City Tonight with Crook & Chase” (mid ‘90’s). A regular solo vocalist and musician on the show, Terry Mike shared the stage with country music legends such as Eddy Arnold, Shania Twain, Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Eddie Rabbitt, Ray Price and Chet Atkins
- Critical praise from the New York Times, Variety, Billboard Magazine, Los Angeles Times, Ottawa Citizen, Houston Post, Nashville Banner, Memphis Commercial Appeal, Music City News
- Feature articles in USA Today, People Magazine, Country Weekly
- Network TV appearances on NBC’s “Today Show” (twice!), “CBS This Morning”, CNN’s “Showbiz Today”, and “Live with Regis and Kathie Lee”
- Worldwide radio interviews on London, England’s BBC, Sirius/XM satellite radio
- Live shows with Jewel, Dixie Chicks, Fats Domino, Travis Tritt, the Jordanaires, Leon Russell, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Steve Wariner, Boots Randolph, Ricky Skaggs, Fabian, 2002 American Idol Top 3
Terry Mike Jeffrey has recorded 13 full CD albums which can be found along with info about upcoming shows on his web site, www.terrymike.com. TMJ’s music is also available on iTunes.
Terry Mike and his wife (since 1973) and long-time band member, Debbie, still reside in their hometown of Paducah, KY. They have two children, 5 grandchildren, and a 6th on the way.